Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The top 3 alto mouthpieces. Add a comment!

i just bought a Frederick Lebayle metal mp (studio chamber) for $240. These mp's are hand made in France and comes an awesome fusion lig. Its sounds really bright and edgy, just the tone im looking for, a modern jazz sound.

---- my set up: mainly yamaha yas-275/sometimes selmer spr action 80, Lebayle metal studio mp/sometimes selmerc*, Vandoren ZZ (3)reeds/sometimes Hemke (3) reeds. ------ please comment on it!!!!!

Although it wasn't that much different compared to my selmer c*. But ever since the switch from my selmer mp, it's very hard to get a decent sound on it, and a lot more air is required. Is this normal or is there something wrong? I might buy a Meyer HR mp for playing traditional jazz and i dont know if its a good choice. Any suggestions on wut mp's to get fro traditional jazz and modern jazz. please name a few for each. Which meyer hr mp should i get? and with wut ligature and reeds.

·
Distinguished SOTW member
4,673 Posts
It's not clear if you're saying that the problem is with your LeBayle or your Selmer, i'm guessing that you find it hard to get back on the C*.
Maybe youre embouchure has gotten used to the LeBayle and you can't ajust back to the C*.
If you find it hard to ajust youre embouchure, LeBayle also makes HR and wood mpc's with a variety of different chambers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts