Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im expecting my Yamaha YAS-875Ex to FINALLY come after 6 weeks and counting, just have to clear it through customs which will take about a week.

At the moment (see my sig) I am playing a YAS-275, I have a concert in about 3 weeks where I will be playing my saxophone almost religiously so I am just wondering are there any major changes or differences between these two saxes, besides the new features etc etc.

Thanks guys

Ken

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
If I were you, I would practice religiously for that concert on your present instrument, with the intention of playing it on the concert. When the 875 comes in, play it and you'll know if you should hold off playing it too soon in public.

FWIW, I bought a Serie II Selmer (alto) last December and am still having to get accustomed to some minor hand-position adjustments. I've played several consents and pop gigs on it and it's still not completely comfortable (coming from a Conn 6M). Unless you are an experienced player, I would "err" on the side of caution.

Play the Custom for a day and decide. You don't want to be in the middle of an important passage in concert and go for a side C only to press down two keys instead of one. :roll:

(however, harrumph, I would suspect the transition from your sax to the EX to be almost instantaneous.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts