Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who are some really excellent refacers you guys have used? and if anyone knows anyone in australia that'd be helpful but really anywhere and everywhere. not for anything in particular, but just asking.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,558 Posts
Marin Spivack aka Horned Toad here on SOTW. The finest I've ever seen, along with the late great John Van Wie.

·
Vendor
15,555 Posts
The guys above, and:

Rafael Navarro, Brian Powell, Theo, Mojo, Adam Niewood, Ted Klum, Morgan Fry, Hans Werner Peters, ---and the list goes on...........

·
Registered
91 Posts
Contact Mark Spencer. He turned an old abused Dukoff tenor into a great piece.
Search Spencer Mouthpieces and you'll find him.

·
1,596 Posts
Had work from: Brian Powell, Erik Greiffenhagen, Phil Engleman, Eric Drake, and Matthew Voss they all do great work!

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,880 Posts
I've used Brian Powell, Ed Zentera and Morgan Fry and they all did an excellent job.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Mark Spencer! He did a piece for me and adjusted it for free a few months later. Great work. I've also had pieces from Phil-Tone which were good.

·
3,501 Posts
MOJO!!

I haven't worked with anyone else, but my MOJOED dukoff H8 is the best mouthpiece (by far) I have ever played.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i've heard mojo's work on dukoff's is amazing.

well ill probably end up going with someone from america because the aussie dollar is so strong compared to the US atm :p like now i can get a refaced STM from over there for cheaper than a new one is australia. so i've sent ted klum an email aswell. this is now specifically for work on a link, probably an STM, maybe a NY... i've narrowed it down that much.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2013
1,757 Posts
Adam Niewood!!!!
Just got 3 soprano pieces back from him and they are fantastic!!
Well worth the wait- he's pretty backed up.....

1 - 20 of 78 Posts