Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST WANTED TO POST A BRIEF POST FOR ALL YOU GUYS LOOKING FOR A REALLY GOOD MOUTHPIECE REFACER WHO DOESNT CHARGE ALOT AND DOES WORK WITH A QUICK RETURN TIME. I GOT IN A MOUTHPIECE FROM A FELLOW SOTW'ER AND IT PLAYED REALLY GREAT FOR ME. I ASKED WHO DID THE WORK, AND IT WAS MATT MARANTZ.

I CONTACTED MATT AND SENT HIM A FEW PIECES TO DO FOR ME.
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE WORK AND CRAFTSMANSHIP. HE IS VERY TECHNICAL AND IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER, SO HE REALLY GETS IT.
HIS TURNAROUND TIME IS SUPER FAST. (WITHIN A WEEK FOR ME).

HE IS A MEMBER HERE ON SOTW BUT MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW HIM FOR HIS REFACING WORK. HE IS A PERFECTIONIST AND REALLY WANTS TO MAKE THE MOUTHPIECES THEIR ABSOLUTE BEST. I DISCUSSED BAFFLE WORK, CHAMBER WORK, TIP WORK, FACING CURVES, ETC... WITH HIM, AND HE WAS ABLE TO DO JUST AS I ASKED.

JUST A HEADS UP FOR YOU GUYS.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIS WORK, AND HE CAN BE REACHED AT:

www.mattmarantz.com

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
From his pictures it looks like he does really good work with great prices, but you DIDN'T HAVE TO SCREAM AT US!

·
Premium Member
15,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry...my eye sight is bad. Eye issues including macular degeneration run in my family. Its just much easier for me to see when I type using caps.

Sorry....wasnt trying offend anyone.

·
Premium Member
15,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're welcome...just trying to give you guys some more options for excellent refacing work.
I hear all the time that many feel like its too expensive to get a reface and that it takes too long to get pieces back.
Here's an alternative choice that I recommend, whom you may not have heard of.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
You're welcome...just trying to give you guys some more options for excellent refacing work.
I hear all the time that many feel like its too expensive to get a reface and that it takes too long to get pieces back.
Here's an alternative choice that I recommend, whom you may not have heard of.
Well, thanks to you, Buddy, his wait time just went up!! :bluewink:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
I thought you were going to say Matthew Voss, sorry my bad. he is also excellent.

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Thanks very much for your nice words 10mfan! It was pleasure to get to work on those pieces for you and I'm glad they're working out. I especially enjoyed getting to work on that Slant tenor piece, those old Slant Sigs were the best HR Links they made!

I'm hoping to be able to do some more work for others on the forums sometime soon. Refacing is something I really enjoy and it's especially rewarding when you can help someone else get their musical equipment adjusted to their own desired preferences. I do normally have fast turnaround times, and as a sax player I know what it's like to be without your equipment for long periods of time so I try to get the pieces done pretty quickly. I'm going to be updating my website soon with some more mouthpiece pictures, soundclips, and also a step-by-step photo-log of how I go about refacing a mouthpiece from start to finish. Hoping to get to that this week sometime if time allows. until then, please feel free to contact me on here or through the site. Peace,

Matt

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
I sent a stuffy sounding ebayed Link STM 6 to Matt to be refaced and opened to 7*, recently.
It was a longer one with "Super" in quotation marks.
I got it back in about a week.
It is now a great player with a 25mm facing.

I've played a Tenney Jazzmaster exclusively for nine months.
I played the Link that Matt refaced for me last night for a couple of hours, and it smokes, very pleased.
Thank you Matt.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Matt Marantz! Awesome player, I met him at the Stanford Jazz Workshop, and had a lesson with him two years back. Great guy too, and those are some good looking refacing rates.

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Thanks for your support guys, and Saxphil I'm really happy that mpc worked out well for you. Glad to be of service.

This is something I enjoy doing on the side. Hope to be able to do more work for folks on the forums and elsewhere. Will be updating the website soon with a step-by-step photo log of a full Link reface. Also just got a very cool Dukoff Hollywood in the mail from someone for a restoration job & bite-plate replacement and will have pics and sound clips of that one up soon too.

Best,
Matt

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,564 Posts
Matt did a great restoration on a vintage mouthpiece for me recently. Opened it up and fixed the bite plate with great communication through the process. I am very pleased with the results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts