Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
471 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts

They're off to a good start. Not too many transcriptions yet. Free is good.

Bass Players - 28 artists
Guitar - 1 artists
Saxophone 5 artists
Brass - 6 artists
Piano - 5 artists
Scores - 14 tunes

Guess the site owner is a bass player :)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL Yes, obviously a bass player!

I originally posted this web-link because they offer some rather different artists than most transcription sites - Ornette, Dolphy... hopefully more to come too.

ScoobySax offers a HUGE numbers of transcriptions and is probably the best quality free site out there.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,888 Posts
LOL Yes, obviously a bass player!

I originally posted this web-link because they offer some rather different artists than most transcription sites - Ornette, Dolphy... hopefully more to come too.

ScoobySax offers a HUGE numbers of transcriptions and is probably the best quality free site out there.
Don't forget about Charles Mcneals site! I think that is the best transcription site for free out there for sax players.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for mentioning www.scooby-sax.com -- it's quite a bit of work, but I'm happy to provide the transcriptions and lessons that are there. I second Steve's recommendation of Charles' site -- lots of great material there as well.

This site has a nice compilation of the various transcriptions available on different sites. Both my site and Charles' are included along with many others. It's organized by players first name, but you could copy the whole list and then sort in Excel if you wanted a list by tune title, etc. I usually check there first to make sure I'm not about to post a transcription that someone else has already done. It looks like it is still being updated. http://www.saxopedia.com/transcriptions-sax/

- Scooby

·
471 Posts
Does anyone have the sheet music for the melody of "Moondance" of Van Morrison?

·
Registered
647 Posts
The first one is for Eb?
No, just one of the standard keys.

Top pdf is for the C instruments
Bottom pdf instruments in Bb.

You didn't specify what instrument you play. Actually, you can play either one with any instrument, however most players prefer to play tunes in the standard keys so when they get with other instruments there's more chance that everyone will know it in that key.

If you want to change keys, you can do it at Wikifonia.

·
471 Posts
Don't forget to mention saxsolos.com for the excellent stuff and for the wide variety of jazz and non-jazz tunes for the beginners!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts