Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 71800
If you play an EWI and use Reason or Reason Essentials you should check out the new EXP1 Expression Processor Rack Extension. It accepts your breath input and lets you contour the breath response with a response curve, gain and shift controls, and separate attack and decay lag processors for smoothing the response.

The great thing is that it finally makes Reason Essentials a very compelling solution for EWI players. In the past, I always found it hard to get a really nice breath controlled sound with just Reason Essentials because I couldn’t tailor the breath response the way I wanted. But with the EXP1, you can really tailor the breath response to be on par with the built in synth on the EWI4000s. You can even put multiple EXP1s in your rack and have separate settings for Expression and Breath, or have many different settings and routings for breath - maybe you want to apply a different response curve for filter cutoff than volume for example.

The EXP1 comes with 20 example Combinator patches that work with Reason 7.1 or above and the latest version of Reason Essentials, and a 30 day free trial on the Propellerheads Store.

Here is what some customers have already said:

“It is really awesome, I rated it 5 stars. I've been trying to do similar things with a chain of CV processors and have never been satisfied with the results - this was clearly built with wind players in mind and really fills a need. I'm so happy you guys made this!!”

“Especially tied to some of my patches I've done in the past I feel like I can get huge improvements in expression setting the curves just a little bit. I love how simple it is to fine tune the feel of the responsiveness of anything attached."

Download it from the Propellerhead Shop

Read More at Amaloo Studio

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Now this would be pretty cool maybe if you had a Raspberry Pi 2 running Windows 10 and a little LCD screen on it hooked into a usb audio/midi interface.....

Wonder if that is possible.......

View attachment 71800
If you play an EWI and use Reason or Reason Essentials you should check out the new EXP1 Expression Processor Rack Extension. It accepts your breath input and lets you contour the breath response with a response curve, gain and shift controls, and separate attack and decay lag processors for smoothing the response.

The great thing is that it finally makes Reason Essentials a very compelling solution for EWI players. In the past, I always found it hard to get a really nice breath controlled sound with just Reason Essentials because I couldn’t tailor the breath response the way I wanted. But with the EXP1, you can really tailor the breath response to be on par with the built in synth on the EWI4000s. You can even put multiple EXP1s in your rack and have separate settings for Expression and Breath, or have many different settings and routings for breath - maybe you want to apply a different response curve for filter cutoff than volume for example.

The EXP1 comes with 20 example Combinator patches that work with Reason 7.1 or above and the latest version of Reason Essentials, and a 30 day free trial on the Propellerheads Store.

Here is what some customers have already said:

“It is really awesome, I rated it 5 stars. I've been trying to do similar things with a chain of CV processors and have never been satisfied with the results - this was clearly built with wind players in mind and really fills a need. I'm so happy you guys made this!!”

“Especially tied to some of my patches I've done in the past I feel like I can get huge improvements in expression setting the curves just a little bit. I love how simple it is to fine tune the feel of the responsiveness of anything attached."

Download it from the Propellerhead Shop

Read More at Amaloo Studio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts