Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just by mistake I happen to visit a brazilian mpc manufacturer, his name is Everton (is not a nickname, it's his real name, quite a nice and convenient name for a musician that makes mpcs!)
Anyways, this guy tells his story, he wanted to buy a good imported mpc and he tought the prices are quite high and not affordable for a lot of brazilian musicians, so he decided to start making them himself.
His site is http://www.boquilhaseverton.com.br/ , the problem is the site is all in portuguese, but there's not much to understand, it still has some sections under construction, but the most interesting section is the videos one, it has some links to youtube videos with some nice players using his mpcs, to my judge, the sound is not something I'd like to have but it's definitely something that many players may want, a very fat, deep sound. Also this guy, Marcelo Rocha is doing some nice stuff with his horn, check out the altissimo hit in the video No.3 with the alt!
The only bad thing is you cannot but the mpcs, and there are no prices, you'll need to visit one of the listed Brazil Music shops for that.
Perhaps some of the good USA resellers will bring them? I mean Weiner, Junkdude, etc...

Have fun,
Ziv

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,594 Posts
everton

hi zivley,

we are working to make these very good pieces available for Europe and the USA soon.
the everton Mouthpieces are CNC made , of course, and after handfaced,without exceptions.
Everton does it alone.
Each MPC is offer with cap and a sensationell ligature that has the same quality that a Rovner eddie Daniels II.

I am proud to can offer the products for USA and Europe very soon.

at last, his pieces are very good copies from famous MPCs what concerns chamber design and bafle. However he is going new ways creating pieces that use metal and HR at the same time.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,309 Posts
Ziv,
I saw a few of them in Sao Paulo when doing a jazz festival there two months ago.
I did not have time to play any but the workmanship and finish of the ones I saw was fantastic. and I like the idea of the metal going into the HR and opening into the chamber.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Happened to stumble upon this thread... I'm currently carrying these Ever-ton mouthpieces. They have sold very fast. I do have a couple more 7M Alto pieces left, and will get more in soon. They are very interesting pieces to say the least. Very powerful projection, sound like metal. If you all remember the old "Rico Metallite" sales pitch, "the sound of metal, easier to control"... well these really hold true to that claim. Altissimo is very easy to hit. Very good mouthpieces. Anyone's interested you can pm me or visit www.ellasaxes.com

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just got a Ever-Ton 7mm of Docproffitt plays well very happy with it.
But it works a hell of a lot better with a Tenor Reed, yes I really mean it and if you look at the vids where they are testing them out you will see they are useing Tenor also.
I very often use Tenor reeds on my Alto Thanks Doc very happy with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got me an Ever-Ton Revolution metal size 8 for my tenor amd it screams. Not too bright for a step baffled piece. It can play soft but can also be loud if demanded. My Yanagisawa T500 sounds a lot better and also tried it on a Yamaha YTS32 and it''s even better. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts