Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going on 80 what will happen after I shuffle off has occured to me.
The remains (now marketed as "cremains")following cremation usualy go into some kind of urn(a cinerary or in ancient Greece a Lekythos)or are spreadover ocean or landI would like to be gathered in a pretty pouch.
.(The ones that came with Crown Royal Whiskey would be nice) and then
placed in the bell of my engraved 1939 Conn 10M and hung on the living room wall.My only concern is that my relatives would get sick of seeing it, and me, hanging there and decide to sell it.Would the fact that it was employed as a cremation urn make it unsalable?I am comforted by the fact that ashes have gone stranger places.Keith Richards snorted some of his fathers ashes mixed with a large dose of cocaine.I just would not want a gray cloud to decend upon the paying customers after I am gone.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
187 Posts
What a great idea!

When I prearranged my funeral, shortly after retiring from some 30+ years of University teaching, I left instructions that my cremains be tossed in the face or at least on the desk of the Academic Vice President of my University. (Oddly enough, I apparently have not been the only one over the years to make this request. :cool: ) There has been, among my geezer buddies, some discussion of how this was to be best accomplished - but I think you may have provided us the ideal solution. A visit from our saxophone quartet with a 'loaded' tenor just might do it...

Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
27,959 Posts
Would the fact that it was employed as a cremation urn make it unsalable?

I would think 'what the buyer doesn't know won't hurt him' in this case.
Heck, lamar, maybe the buyer will pay a bit extra for having the honor of possessing your ex cremation urn. :)

I'm thinking of being cremated. If I do the urn will be put in the grave I've bought. I reckon somebody will just dig a hole with some post-hole diggers and plop it right in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts