Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
YTS 82Zii
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Euge played the Vigilante from Jen Price. And he contributed here from time to time.
All the pictures on his website appear to be a Sugal.
Anyone have any idea if he gave up on the Vigilante and went back to the Sugal?
Or maybe he lurks here from time to time and can respond.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Last time I communicated with him, he was still playing the Sugal mouthpiece he's been using for years. He tries lots and lots of mouthpieces, though.

·
Registered
YTS 82Zii
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I just did a search and saw that he does more than lurk here. He a pretty consistent contributor. That's actually so cool.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Besides being a great sax player, he is a down to earth great guy . I have PM'd him in the past and he always responded and was very informative .

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,387 Posts
Its a Sugal SGII with a bullet chamber. 115 facing. I really like the Vigilante. Very much like the handmade Guardala used to play. I friend of mine was fin desperate need of a piece and I let him have. I did record with it though and really liked it. Hope that helps.

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Woody I second your opinion, I have recently copped a Vigilante, it is an amazing Mpc..

cheers from Vegas

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,799 Posts
Its a Sugal SGII with a bullet chamber. 115 facing. I really like the Vigilante. Very much like the handmade Guardala used to play. I friend of mine was fin desperate need of a piece and I let him have. I did record with it though and really liked it. Hope that helps.
I'm confused by your post. Are you playing the Vigilante and gave the Sugal to a friend or are you playing the Sugal and gave the Vigilante to a friend?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
FWIW, “Vigilante” is a brand. It would help to know which of the many models, people are using.

·
Registered
YTS 82Zii
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FWIW, “Vigilante” is a brand. It would help to know which of the many models, people are using.
Dr. G., I don't remember for sure which model he was playing. I want to say Studio, but I may be confusing it with Richard Elliot.

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
My Vigilante tenor is engraved NYSV (new york studio vintage) claimed to be actual old pink-plate Guardala blank, Jen Price handmade, looks like a brecker (or II ?) type baffle. not bullet. Measures around .116 according to my home brew measurements.

also shown my Sakshama alto, my BARI Sop, an M9 Bari and a Black Widow

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,387 Posts
I'm confused by your post. Are you playing the Vigilante and gave the Sugal to a friend or are you playing the Sugal and gave the Vigilante to a friend?
Sorry, I gave the Vigilante to the friend. I play the Sugal going going on some 15 years now.

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Woody congrats and kudos man, such a sound !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts