Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Hersch - That was excellent! Thanks for posting.

Frank

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,156 Posts
Must be something wrong with my clicker. I clicked on the link and was automatically transferred to http://www.soundclick.com/default.cfm where I didn't see anything in particular to enjoy.:?

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Hershel. My man - you can play!

And nice band, too. Thanks for posting.

(BTW - a friendly observation; your home page. I can hardly read anything on it because of the background. It sure would be easier if you could somehow maybe use the bar photo as the home page first page and then links to the other information with a more neutral background.)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Banned
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't mean to remove the file... I was trying to load another but somehow I erased the original.. sorry.. I assure you'd have like it...... hopefully... but if not.. to each his own..

·
Registered
680 Posts
So, I click on the link for hersch17's clip, which delivers nothing, but
just at that moment, unknown to me, a clip of Jerry Bergonzi playing "Inner Urge" that mouthpieceguys.com load in the background completes loading and starts playing, unseen on another tab. I've never heard that recording before so I am puzzled that hersch17 sounds so unbelievably, so frighteningly good, and so freakishly similar to Jerry Bergonzi. How could this be? The world is littered with guys who can out Bergonzi Bergonzi? I've never heard that. Brecker imitators yes, but not yet Bergonzi that I've heard. It was a sobering moment. There are guys at that level, floating around, unknown and posting their clips in the site. Hersh17 is like Cannonball, unknown but ready to explode into the jazz world as a colossus. But fortunately I figure out the browser trick that happened in the background unknown to me. The world has been restored to order.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my clip was of Inner Urge.. just not of Bergonzi playing me... is that coincedental or what?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,494 Posts
I can't seem to get onto that either.
Perhaps do it again.

·
Distinguished SOTW member, musician, technician &
4,982 Posts
I heard the clip once when it was still up. I thought you had a very good sound, good technique, goo rhythm. Basically I didn't notice any problem about your playing. Only thing I can think of is that it is a great for you to try to do your music now. Maybe start composing your own music with your own ideas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts