1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,952 Posts

·
28,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But is that just a sticker? I'l disappointed I thought it was a metal plate fixed on as a logo. I have since found out more about the Supreme brand, and so it just seems to be an existing brand stencilled by a Chinese factory, and Rayburns have "rebranded" it with a sticker.

Seems kind of tacky if you ask me. Aesthetically not vey nice either given the lack of space between Supreme laser etching, the "sticker" and the Bb keyguard.

·
28,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete don't know anything about their horns, but this is their website.

https://rawbrasssaxes.co.uk
Indeed it is, I actually knew about those and had noticed the same model name, my question was was more to do with intrigue about the Boston connection - there were a couple of Reverb ads for those ones.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,000 Posts
Mamma Mia's Pizzeria in Providence, RI used to have an Emilio Supreme back in the day.

It was loaded, baby.....red and green bell peppers, sausage, pepperoni, onions, and kalamatas.....and BOTH Mozzerella and Fontina !

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
That's the sticker he puts on his overhauls - whether you liked it or not.

Rayburn's reputation has been diminished over the years.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Pete don't know anything about their horns, but this is their website.

https://rawbrasssaxes.co.uk

It appears Alan Barnes is endorsing the baritone.
From the website:

"A completely Raw Brass Body and Crook with Random Mass throughout (like a church bell) so it rings so true. No bell rim for impressive sound projection (ever seen a cymbal with a rim?). Parts that are not acoustic-related are highly polished and two-part epoxy lacquered; this is our Raw Brass "Supreme" Alto, Tenor and Baritone Saxes."

I wonder if they'll throw in a Klangbogen for that "over the moon" sensation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts