Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a sterling silver Emerson flute ELD model serial #46958 and seems to be model #BOFW17....it has the offset G, B foot and gold lip plate. I bought it from a friend of mine and I'm not exactly sure what I've got....I can't seemt to find much info on Emerson flutes especially the one I've got. Any help in pointing me somewhere that I can figure out what I've got would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Cary

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,074 Posts
I worked for them and later as a dealer. Those numbers don't mean a lot. Can you post a photo or a link to flickr or somewhere? It should be marked Sterling on the head and body. The lip is probably gold plated. It may be what was an ELD model with large script on the barrel (not the oval type engraving). It should also be open hole. You can e-mail me at baileyflutes AT hotmail DOT com

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I worked for them and later as a dealer. Those numbers don't mean a lot. Can you post a photo or a link to flickr or somewhere? It should be marked Sterling on the head and body. The lip is probably gold plated. It may be what was an ELD model with large script on the barrel (not the oval type engraving). It should also be open hole. You can e-mail me at baileyflutes AT hotmail DOT com
Bruce,
Thanks so much for your response! I sent you an email.
Talk to you soon,
Cary View attachment 43511 View attachment 43512

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
I've never been impressed with the overall playing or manufacturing standards of Emersons. I was once offered the agency for my country. Tempted, but in hindsight I was very glad I turned it down... I would have had to sacrifice my integrity, and not disclosed what I thought should be disclosed, if I were to make many sales.

The fancy metal and pretty things have little correlation with performance of flutes. It is the design that is highly relevant. The pretty stuff correlates with clever marketing for maximum profits by selling precious metal at a lot more than it is worth. So unless it is really cheap, I would not touch it.

All IMO of course.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,074 Posts
didn't get the e-mail. It is a post-Selmer buyout model. What is printed on the barrel and body next to it? Is it SILVER on the head? I didn't get an e-mail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts