Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
The ChatGPT is impressive but still has a ways to go - if this were really Elon, it would say that the plutonium saxophone was in advanced development, had recently irradiated 1,000 test subject monkeys, and was scheduled for live beta testing rollout on human sax players shortly.

(I have enjoyed the various chatgpt examples circulating on twitter recently)

· Premium Member
Selmer MK VI, Selmer SA80 II Silver-plate Alto, Selmer SA80 II Silver-Plated Tenor, Yani Soprano SC
263 Posts
In some ways it could be feasible, but in others is sounds like a load of _ ( you know what).

Think about the sound of a clarinet. Whether it's made of wood or plastic, it doesn't sound that different.

As if someone is going to do a double blind test on a instrument that's made out of nuke material. Totally bonkers.🤣

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In some ways it could be feasible, but in others is sounds like a load of _ ( you know what).

Think about the sound of a clarinet. Whether it's made of wood or plastic, it doesn't sound that different.

As if someone is going to do a double blind test on a instrument that's made out of nuke material. Totally bonkers.🤣
Well, the radiation sickness would probably eliminate any bias, I suppose.

· Premium Member
Keilwerth SX90R Tenor/Yanagisawa A901 Alto/Selmer SA80 Series II Soprano/Akai EWI 4000S
19 Posts
ChatGPT is one of the most impressive technologies that I've ever seen. It feels like it has the potential to herald a revolution of the same scale and magnitude as the steam engine, car and transistor.

It's the first time I've seen something that seriously challenges the previous assumptions that machines can never exhibit true creativity.

Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Document

Azure Font Screenshot Parallel Software

Reactions: fudidudi

· Registered
Keilwerth saxes (S/A/T), Selmer clarinets (S/B), Altus Azumi flute
3,493 Posts
ChatGPT is one of the most impressive technologies that I've ever seen. It feels like it has the potential to herald a revolution of the same scale and magnitude as the steam engine [...]
Yeah, it's a truly groundbreaking BS engine. It works with bull manure like Rodin did with bronze or Da Vinci with paint.

Gonna put a lot of people out of work.

· Distinguished SOTW Member
9,281 Posts

Appalling ignorance. Even if YOU can't tell the difference in tone, the fact is that 99% of pro clarinet players choose 'wood' clarinets because of the tone to some extent but mostly the playability.

· Finally Distinguished
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
3,615 Posts
How To Build Your Own Plutonium Saxophone

1. First get some plutonium.

Hmmm. Maybe I should have thought this through a little more.

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
38,404 Posts
How To Build Your Own Plutonium Saxophone

1. First get some plutonium.

Hmmm. Maybe I should have thought this through a little more.
Yeah, the last thing you want to see when assembling your plutonium horn is that dreaded blue flash.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts