Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. there is an elimona soprano model 2200 being offered on eBay. i'm having trouble finding any information about this model anywhere. in fact, someone queried about
this model on this forum in 2008 and got no replies to date! what's the story?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,144 Posts
If you do a simple Google search for "Elimona Soprano" you will find a substantial number of references to it. It is apparently a very decent horn. Marsh Woodwinds in Raleigh, NC currently has one listed for sale on their website for $1,600.00.
http://www.marshwoodwinds.com/viewItemImages.asp?ItemID=1628
I've been dealing with Rodney Marsh for decades. He's an excellent technician and a great saxophone player, as well as an honest and reputable businessman.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
The nomenclature confused me, I'm not familiar with the 2200 designation. If it is as it seems, a Yanagasawa 800 / 880 "Elimona" then it's one of the best, these are great sopranos IMO better than the current 900 series. There are a number of threads and posts on here about these horns.

·
Registered
249 Posts
2200 seems right to me...i have one bought new in 1986
the model 2100 was a fixed neck...the 2200 came with 2 necks!
super -fine soprano!!!!!!!!!!

·
Always be a Beginner in the Sax Playing Art
2,322 Posts
Re : Re: elimona soprano (ss2200)

on Ebay now as well- an ad for this horn, with some info too....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yanagisawa-2200...644?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a4d6725a4
The nomenclature confused me, I'm not familiar with the 2200 designation. If it is as it seems, a Yanagasawa 800 / 880 "Elimona" then it's one of the best, these are great sopranos IMO better than the current 900 series. There are a number of threads and posts on here about these horns.
It's just an S880 by another name. Very similar to the current S991, exept with minor differences in keywork.
Don't understand what are the differences between both of the Elimonas (S-880 and SS2200), and I am now not sure if I really have a S-880 as I supposed, since there is nothing on the sax but "Elimona" for model name... :| [rolleyes]

Is there someone here who knows pretty well the differences between them and how we can recognize them??? :bluewink:

I am sure I have a great sax and I love it, but what I have in my hands???

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you do a simple Google search for "Elimona Soprano" you will find a substantial number of references to it. It is apparently a very decent horn. Marsh Woodwinds in Raleigh, NC currently has one listed for sale on their website for $1,600.00.
http://www.marshwoodwinds.com/viewItemImages.asp?ItemID=1628
I've been dealing with Rodney Marsh for decades. He's an excellent technician and a great saxophone player, as well as an honest and reputable businessman.
thank you for your advice. i did in fact google and, yes, i found references but not any information as to it's provenance or technical description.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
Re: Re : Re: elimona soprano (ss2200)

If it is a "YANAGASAWA" and the model is "ELIMONA" dont worry! Sometimes companies use different spec. nos. in USA compared to UK/Europe.
An example was the Yamaha 51/52 models. In UK they were 32 models. In pre internet times stuff like this could be very confusing and misleading--still is actually!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Don't understand what are the differences between both of the Elimonas (S-880 and SS2200), and I am now not sure if I really have a S-880 as I supposed, since there is nothing on the sax but "Elimona" for model name... :| [rolleyes]

Is there someone here who knows pretty well the differences between them and how we can recognize them??? :bluewink:

I am sure I have a great sax and I love it, but what I have in my hands???
exactly what i would like to know also...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

mr bopity funk i think you may be right as i have seen in the past a few of those 2200s being sold pre-owned on sites based in europe

·
2,322 Posts
Re : Re: Re : Re: elimona soprano (ss2200)

If it is a "YANAGASAWA" and the model is "ELIMONA" dont worry! Sometimes companies use different spec. nos. in USA compared to UK/Europe.
An example was the Yamaha 51/52 models. In UK they were 32 models. In pre internet times stuff like this could be very confusing and misleading--still is actually!
I don't worry, but you know, if you buy a car, won't you want to know the exact model you'll have with its features, and specifically the differences (engine, transmission, etc.) between the one you buy and the other models??? [rolleyes]

·
2,322 Posts
Re : Re: Re : Re: elimona soprano (ss2200)

mr bopity funk i think you may be right as i have seen in the past a few of those 2200s being sold pre-owned on sites based in europe
So, should we have to assume that the 2200SS is EXACTLY the same for Europe than the S-880 for USA and Canada? Are you sure?

·
2,322 Posts
Re : Re: elimona soprano (ss2200)

2200 seems right to me...i have one bought new in 1986
the model 2100 was a fixed neck...the 2200 came with 2 necks!
super -fine soprano!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm... saxhorn4 is in Minnesota... It seems that the 2200SS was offered in the USA market too...

Also, check the picture of the add on sale on ebay. At the bottom, you'll see that it is from Leblanc, in Wisconsin. [rolleyes]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts