Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking about replacing the 6 volumes of Real Books with which I mess up my shoulders by lugging on foot to gigs, with a an iPad. I have the Old Real Books for B-flat in electronic form. Can one get the New Real Books (mainly Vols. 1 and 2) in electronic form? I'm happy to pay for them, by the way!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
Sher said:
$1.95 for single songs, $59.95 for all songs in Part 1, $59.95 for all songs in Part 2, $29.95 for all 98 songs in volume 3
Wait, so individual songs are $1.95 each. But you can pay $29.95 for the 98 songs in volume 3 which averages out to $3.27 a song. What a deal!

By part 1, do they mean volume 1? The New Real Book sells for around $30 so why does the digital version sell for twice that?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Wait, so individual songs are $1.95 each. But you can pay $29.95 for the 98 songs in volume 3 which averages out to $3.27 a song. What a deal!

By part 1, do they mean volume 1? The New Real Book sells for around $30 so why does the digital version sell for twice that?
If you read it, it sounds like it is so much more than just the Eb or Bb real book. It's both plus the rhythm section parts. All transposable........

·
Registered
881 Posts
Downloaded the real book 2 C version from this link. This product really doesn't fulfill what it promises. Firstly, although I got the "solero" edition that is supposed to be transposable to all keys (handy if you play Eb and Bb saxes and keys/guitar), the transposing only works for some of the sheets, others are not transposable. Furthermore, it seems you are locked to viewing the sheets in the Freehandmusic-viewer, which is a very poor software compared to dedicated set-list managers such as iGigbook. If you want to export it to another format it seems you have to print to paper and then scan the paper sheet to your note viewer of preference. Extremely cumbersome and disappointing software so far. Not recommended.
Bjorn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts