Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear SOTW Fellows,
Just in the moment I finished a video with me playing an arrangement of Egberto Gismontis wonderful composition "Frevo". Frevo is a fast dance from Pernambuco with lots of jumps, as you can hear in the (rather virtuos) music.
I did a knock-off arrangement for sax quintet (and flute, accordion and bari sax), but we could not rehearse it yet due to covid.
So for now it's me playing on flute, soprano and tenor sax, bass clarinet and bassoon. I like this "real" woodwind quintet instrumentation a lot.
I hope you like it too and would be very happy if you would take a few minutes and listen to my track.
Thank you and all the best for you all!
Dirk

Reactions: swingding

·
Registered
Selmer Balanced Action Tenor Saxophone, Powell Flute
3,548 Posts
Dear SOTW Fellows,
Just in the moment I finished a video with me playing an arrangement of Egberto Gismontis wonderful composition "Frevo". Frevo is a fast dance from Pernambuco with lots of jumps, as you can hear in the (rather virtuos) music.
I did a knock-off arrangement for sax quintet (and flute, accordion and bari sax), but we could not rehearse it yet due to covid.
So for now it's me playing on flute, soprano and tenor sax, bass clarinet and bassoon. I like this "real" woodwind quintet instrumentation a lot.
I hope you like it too and would be very happy if you would take a few minutes and listen to my track.
Thank you and all the best for you all!
Dirk
Awesome stuff! I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Taragot

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for listening, Simon, Guto and mascio!
I like the slow tempo approach.
It was more or less the fastest tempo I could play this arrangement on bassoon etc. without screwing it up too often (there are some parts where I messed up some runs and left the take in the recording nonetheless) ;)
But the usual recordings of frevo are crazy fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts