·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The inimitable Eddie Harris.

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2016
1,708 Posts
Maybe it's just in Australia but the video is now blocked on Youtube for copyright reasons. Pity, I was looking forward to hearing it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Banned in China too. So is Hank Williams.

Dang.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Thats a shame...Because its really awesome. Definitely worthy of any music lovers collection, especially for saxophonists. Here it is on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Versatile-Eddie-Harris-Sings-Blues/dp/B00005LZQ9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317399701&sr=8-1
Yeah! The Amazon site gives about ten seconds of an interesting arrangement of "Giant Steps". No improv, but the treatment of the head tells me that it's not a rehash of someone trying to keep up with 'Trane. That CD is on my wish list now.

·
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is another very different and fascinating take on Giant Steps. This brilliant and introspective guy is coming from a different place! I gotta say it feels good to hijack my own thread!

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,647 Posts
Not here either.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
It plays for me too.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,190 Posts
She no worky here. Looks like it works in the Netherlands, UK, Canada, and Spain but not in the U. S. of A.

·
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im In NY and I uploaded the durn thing and it works fine
She no worky here. Looks like it works in the Netherlands, UK, Canada, and Spain but not in the U. S. of A.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,190 Posts
Im In NY and I uploaded the durn thing and it works fine
Well this is weird. When I click the link, I get "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." I load the url directly and get the same thing. I tried searching utube for the vid and can't find it. Why would it work in NY but not on the Left Coast?

·
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
YES!! Its weird that when I go to You Tube and Search "Eddie Harris Giant Steps" it does not come up! ***?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Doesn't work in Colorado either, LateNiteSax, I found the Giant Steps on guitar video interesting though, thank you for posting that.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Well I grateful to be able to watch that here, but go figure why it plays in some places and not others.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts