Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever you play Alto, Tenor,Sop. I suppose anything with a reed,even. Find your way to this man Edd Zentera.All round one good egg.If you want to do as I have, keep buying mouthpieces, cheap or megga bucks for the last six or seven years then carry on.But I wish I had worked it out earlier and saved myself time effort and money.Mass produced mouthpieces are sometimes great but mostly not.When Edd makes you a modified piece it is great, no question and its what you ask for.Now most people think Lawtons are great players out of the box Edd has just altered one for me and it is fantastic.Take a tip get in touch with Edd Zentera and iron out all your mouthpiece problems.Thanks once again Edd. John..
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
Joined
·
5,528 Posts
Hurling Frootmig said:
Ed can be really hard to spell sometimes.
No.. You're missing the point. In many cultures, people of the highest status and importance are afforded an extra repeating letter to the end of their name. And the repeating "D" is greatest of these. Thus, spelling Ed as "Edd" is considered a true heartfelt compliment.

At least this is what I have always thought.

Your Friend,
Todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
racer said:
Whatever you play Alto, Tenor,Sop. I suppose anything with a reed,even. Find your way to this man Edd Zentera.All round one good egg.If you want to do as I have, keep buying mouthpieces, cheap or megga bucks for the last six or seven years then carry on.But I wish I had worked it out earlier and saved myself time effort and money.Mass produced mouthpieces are sometimes great but mostly not.When Edd makes you a modified piece it is great, no question and its what you ask for.Now most people think Lawtons are great players out of the box Edd has just altered one for me and it is fantastic.Take a tip get in touch with Edd Zentera and iron out all your mouthpiece problems.Thanks once again Edd. John..
I agree with you, John. My son started with the traditional Alto Meyer 5MM that tended to squeak on a regular basis. We then bought a metal Link 5* that played pretty well. On the advice of Chitownjazz we bought a Couf Artist 4*S that played really well but occasionally squeaked. Ed opened up a Couf Artist 2 to .075 for us and it is an excellent mouthpiece. Ed also refaced a NOS HR Tone Edge 8* and opened it up to .090. I was surprised my son could play it so well, but he still prefers the Couf. Ed also refaced another Couf for my son's birthday that is engraved and I look forward to giving it to him.

We have a Runyon that was badly refaced and then fixed by Dave Spiegelthal before we bought it and it is an excellent mpc.

I wouldn't hesitate to have Ed, Dave, Erik Greiffenhagen, Brian Powell, or MOJO work on a mouthpiece.
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Enviroguy said:
No.. You're missing the point. In many cultures, people of the highest status and importance are afforded an extra repeating letter to the end of their name. And the repeating "D" is greatest of these. Thus, spelling Ed as "Edd" is considered a true heartfelt compliment.

At least this is what I have always thought.

Your Friend,
Todd
Thanks for the insight Toddddd! :D
 

·
Mouthpiece Refacer Extraordinaire and Forum Contri
Joined
·
3,406 Posts
I actually find it endearing when people call me Eddie, so thank you, John, for your sincere praises.

- Edd
 

·
Mouthpiece Refacer Extraordinaire and Forum Contri
Joined
·
3,406 Posts
The website is always out of date. I'm not web-savvy and hate to bug Steve all the time. I've been so busy that I just leave the "out to lunch" sign there even though I have been continuing to take new work.

I have two queues of work - "regular" and "rush/priority" (which is done at a premium).

It has been both a blessing and a curse to have so much work to look forward to. Kind a constant state of anxious pleasure.
 

·
Mouthpiece Refacer Extraordinaire and Forum Contri
Joined
·
3,406 Posts
Bill Mecca said:
maybe we should call him "double D." ;)
If I don't start getting more sleep and exercise, the nickname might become suitable...:tongue6:

At family gatherings, there is an Ed, Edd, and Eddie. And I would, in fact, be Edd.
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
6,862 Posts
EZ said:
If I don't start getting more sleep and exercise, the nickname might become suitable...:tongue6:
Hey Ed[d], if this happens, my advice is: don't buy a sax harness! Can you say Manzier?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
EZ said:
The website is always out of date. I'm not web-savvy and hate to bug Steve all the time. I've been so busy that I just leave the "out to lunch" sign there even though I have been continuing to take new work.

I have two queues of work - "regular" and "rush/priority" (which is done at a premium).

It has been both a blessing and a curse to have so much work to look forward to. Kind a constant state of anxious pleasure.

Thanks Edddd
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top