Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an easy duet book (maybe around first year) that has a CD where I can play against another sax. I've been typing a few duets into Finale, but the midi on my old program sounds terrible. I want to use these for intonation exercises. I'd like to develop that perfect duet blend that you hear in good sax sections. Do you guys have any that you like. I prefer easy classics by Hayden, Mozart, Bach, etc.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,484 Posts
Check out Schott Music @ www.schott-music.com. They have several selections of classical and baroque-oriented music at various levels, easy to advanced, that you might find interesting.

The CDs come usually come with two very good quality and sounding tracks - 1) sax demo with full orchestration and 2) full orchestration w/o the sax for you to solo on. Some CDs even include piano accompaniment while you go on-line and down load piano accompaniment for others.

Google Music Minus One as well. I've not checked into the classical-oriented offerings but I do have 2/3 play-a-longs from them and they are good quality as well.

Curnow Music Press, www.curnowmusicpress.com may have something but I'm not aware of anything specifically to recommend for you from them.

Edit: website for MMO - http://www.musicminusone.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts