Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a shaped fiberglass case for my tenor recently and stumbled across this

Anyone have any experience with them?

They seem like all the good bits out of WJ and Berkeley put together i.e. quality construction and well padded inside for your horn, with room for other stuff.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Dan

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Though I have not seen an Eastman Saxo case, I have carefully examined the trombone variety, and they are VERY protective!! I was thinking about getting one for my alto.

Steve P

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
Looks like a nice case, but Ilike that the Berkeley has two handles and the textured look that doesn't show marks. I wish they would show prices on the website.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the berkeleys too, but the ones I have seen have very minimal padding for your horn inside. The eastman comes in other colors too apparently.

I have emailed enquiring about prices but haven't had a response as yet.

Dan

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,860 Posts
Do a search here on the SOTW...you'll get some quite different answers.

This looks like an updated version of the orignal Eastmans....the padding looks better in the one in the link above than the ones I have seen.

Outer shell on these horns is nice, I think.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Eastman

I just got rid of that case. My horn tech said the case was so bad he refused to send the horn back to me in the case I sent it in. He sent the case and horn separately. "Loose that case" direct quote by Ken Beason.

Datsaxguy

Randall said:
Do a search here on the SOTW...you'll get some quite different answers.

This looks like an updated version of the orignal Eastmans....the padding looks better in the one in the link above than the ones I have seen.

Outer shell on these horns is nice, I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts