Sax on the Web Forum banner
321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I played two Power Necks on my Yamaha 82ZIIUL WOF. One was "German Brass" and the other one was "Hand-hammered Copper". Both fitted nicely and played in tune. In the end, I did not keep them, nor do I play on the V1 anymore. I now have a Yamaha E1 gold plated and a Yamaha C1 Sterling Silver. I am yet undecided which one I prefer but I think I am leaning towards the E1. To me, it provides the best intonation and the right amount of resistance.
So my Power Neck arrived today. I struggled to fit it to my 62 because the neck is a (very very) little bit bigger than my sax tenon, so I had to take 1000 grit sandpaper and sand it down a bit. Tuning is better than the stock neck (I was supprised). All notes sound very even and the middle D is not as stuffy as with the stock neck. It's not as free-blowing as my Yamaha neck but there's something powerful about it, maybe it's more focus I think.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
8,693 Posts
I ordered a SBA style neck, in champagne gold color though they shipped me a bright gold one.
Just get in contact with them, I’m sure they’ll sort it out.
They were great when I accidentally ordered the wrong neck tenon size, I just sent it back and they sent me the right one at no extra cost.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Just get in contact with them, I’m sure they’ll sort it out.
They were great when I accidentally ordered the wrong neck tenon size, I just sent it back and they sent me the right one at no extra cost.
How do i get in contact with them in general?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
42,161 Posts
How do i get in contact with them in general?

On ebay, you can address them

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,449 Posts
So my Power Neck arrived today. I struggled to fit it to my 62 because the neck is a (very very) little bit bigger than my sax tenon, so I had to take 1000 grit sandpaper and sand it down a bit. Tuning is better than the stock neck (I was supprised). All notes sound very even and the middle D is not as stuffy as with the stock neck. It's not as free-blowing as my Yamaha neck but there's something powerful about it, maybe it's more focus I think.
I ordered a SBA style neck, in champagne gold color though they shipped me a bright gold one.
Did you not notice the difference in color before you started sanding the tenon? That would violate most return agreements.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,565 Posts
Arnold is pretty easy to contact and they’re good about returns, but yeah, perhaps you shouldn’t have sanded down/ altered a product that was mis-shipped and already needed exchanging. I’d refuse the return if it were me…instead of eating shipping on a new item I’d have to resell, you’re sending back a B-stock item that was in new condition when received. Weak.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sanded it down because I decided to keep it. Color doesn't matter much to me anyway. Returning it then waiting for a replacement would take months because of the pandemic.

321 - 330 of 330 Posts