Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I played two Power Necks on my Yamaha 82ZIIUL WOF. One was "German Brass" and the other one was "Hand-hammered Copper". Both fitted nicely and played in tune. In the end, I did not keep them, nor do I play on the V1 anymore. I now have a Yamaha E1 gold plated and a Yamaha C1 Sterling Silver. I am yet undecided which one I prefer but I think I am leaning towards the E1. To me, it provides the best intonation and the right amount of resistance.
So my Power Neck arrived today. I struggled to fit it to my 62 because the neck is a (very very) little bit bigger than my sax tenon, so I had to take 1000 grit sandpaper and sand it down a bit. Tuning is better than the stock neck (I was supprised). All notes sound very even and the middle D is not as stuffy as with the stock neck. It's not as free-blowing as my Yamaha neck but there's something powerful about it, maybe it's more focus I think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sanded it down because I decided to keep it. Color doesn't matter much to me anyway. Returning it then waiting for a replacement would take months because of the pandemic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts