Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting for a small repair/adjustment on my old tenor Selmer Series II from around 1984 where I bought it new, I tried a new one they had in the shop. To my surprise it felt very different. It felt lighter physical, the pearl keys were different, the palm keys higher. The neck seemed also changed a little. The sound a bit more dry and resistant. It was perfect setup and had a nice seal. Sounded very god actually with nice complex sound colors. Trying my own horn after the repair adjustment, proved my initial thought. Different.
(I like my own horn very much. Have been trying different Yamahas and Conn 10M's a couple of times the last month. But actually prefer the series II, even if it is considered not that great a Selmer model.)

Of course every horn are different. And this model has be made for more than 35 years now. So I assume that there would have been some changes in build and design over the the years.

But do any of you know the history of the Series II and what could have changed?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,432 Posts
Are you sure you didn't pick up a Series III?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts