Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a silver-plated, three-piece Armstrong E-flat flute from 1968. It still sounds great, even though the pads are very old. Most people haven't even heard of an E-flat flute. It's a shame for it to sit in the cupboard. I'm not sure what to sell it for, however. I know what similar C flutes go for, but what about a more rare type of flute?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,257 Posts
I got an Armstrong Eb today in new condition with a sterling head for about $650 shipped. I figure it is worth about $1,500 in today's market and if yours has a plated head and is in good condition, it should bring at least $1,200. They are rarely made today and the values have risen sharply.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,257 Posts
I sniped it with a Buy It Now on ebay when it has been listed for less than an hour. They could have not had a BiN and it probablywould have gone a LOT higher.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Contact some flute choir directors it is still popular for some older flute choir arrangments. These directors might arrange for themselves or even some of thier schools to purchase it.

·
Distiguished SOTW Tech
1,545 Posts
I sniped it with a Buy It Now on ebay when it has been listed for less than an hour. They could have not had a BiN and it probablywould have gone a LOT higher.
I've seen the sterling models go for $1200. I purchased my plated Gemeinhardt for about $500. You got a pretty good deal Bruce. I'd like to have the three piece Armstrong, as I don't like how the "foot joint" keys on the one piece gemeinhardt hit my little finger, but for the difference in price I'll get use to it :)

Damn snipers :(

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts