Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dutch tenor player Simon Rigter (born in 1973) isn't much mentioned here on the forum, so it's time to change that with this post! He's one of the most talented players in The Netherlands and studied with Ferdinand Povel (and others).

Here are some example clips from youtube:

1. Live jam with piano player Peter Beets on drums (a bit busy!):

2. Live ballad with the 'Dutch Jazz Orchestra':

3. Live swing number with quartet:

4. Live swing number with the 'Jazz Orchestra of the Concertgebouw' (solo Simon at 4:10 and Sjoerd Dijkhuizen at 1:10):

More information about Simon on his personal website:
http://www.simonrigter.com/live/

Enjoy :).

·
Forum Contributor 2014-2015
1,115 Posts
Simon has been one of my favorites. Simon just recently introduced me to Ferdinand Povel, who is fantasic. Off the saxophone topic, I also adore Sanna van Vliet.

Ben

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And some more clips:

5. Composition by Simon ('Two Brothers') with the 'Jazz Orchestra of the Concertgebouw'. It has solo's from Joris Roelofs on alto (1:17), Sjoerd Dijkhuizen on tenor (2:35) and Simon on tenor (3:30):

6. Small combo together with Dutch baritone Rik van de Bergh:

7. Small combo together with Dutch baritone Rik van de Bergh:

8. Sax combo 'The Reeds':

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simon has been one of my favorites. Simon just recently introduced me to Ferdinand Povel, who is fantasic. Off the saxophone topic, I also adore Sanna van Vliet.

Ben
Yes indeed, Ferdinand is great and the 'musical father' of many well trained sax players here in NL. There are some very nice clips on youtube of him with Sanna van Vliet (you've probably seen them).

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And some more:

9. Charlie's Wig:

10. Simon en Ellister van der Molen:

11. Jazz Orchestra of the Concertgebouw:

12. Dutch Jazz Orchestra on Spotify (originally planned to be played by Ferdinand Povel):

1 - 5 of 5 Posts