Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly familiar with Dukoff tenor metal mouthpieces but I have never heard or seen a Dukoff PL piece. Has the Super Power Chamber like the current D model but I'm wondering what the baffle and other characteristics are like. Can anyone enlighten me on this? thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have played on several of these years ago. My verdict was that I much preferred this piece to any of the other chambers that were offered be it the "D" "S" or "M" chamber. My take on this piece was that it offered much more roundness and was much fuller sounding then any of the other options. It still had all of the power of the other Dukoffs but was much more pleasing to listen to. It did not sound as one dimensional to me. Big, Bold, Bright yet was easy to control and it didn't tend to get overly bright when pushed.

The "L" of course stands for large, so it was a bigger chambered mouthpiece producing a bigger sound then the most commonly used "D" chamber.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
https://dukoff.com/products.htm

It's either P or L. There is no PL. There's an LD.

I owned a P8. It was great. Probably shouldn't have sold it. The P has a slightly longer baffle than the D. The L has a larger Chamber but not as large as an ottolink. The L also does not have a step baffle. It has a long rollover.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
https://dukoff.com/products.htm

It's either P or L. There is no PL. There's an LD.

I owned a P8. It was great. Probably shouldn't have sold it. The P has a slightly longer baffle than the D. The L has a larger Chamber but not as large as an ottolink. The L also does not have a step baffle. It has a long rollover.
Afraid you're wrong on this one. Go to Ebay and look up Dukoff PL 10 tenor sax mouthpiece. Plenty of clear pictures. I would love to find a P in alto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts