Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi blowers, I would welcome your views on the Dukoff Fluted Chamber mouthpieces for alto sax.
I would like to know their characters, if it is dark, brilght, if have projection or edge.
On eBay they are expensive and I would like to know your difference with other famous mouthpiecos like Meyer NY, Mc Gregory or OL Slant. :bluewink:

:tweety:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
dukoff is also responsible for zimmeroff and house of note... i play tenor,but love a dark tone on alto as well.....
i have played all of the above as well as a fluted dukoff with the flutes removed and they where all amazing....
the House of Note HR is absolutely the darkest mouthpiece i own,and I love it (thank you 10mfan)... 700 bucks is well worth it
we can now get into the area of...are vintage mouthpieces really worth it? and i must say ive played many great playing modern pieces...but NOTHING can give the vibe of my old Dukoff,Slant Link,Steve Broadus,WW&co.,Brilhart HR, or House of Note

if you like dark....AMAZING i gotta say there is something more comfortable(to me) about the beak of a Dukoff compared to a Link,or Brilhart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts