Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**I also places this in another thread because i wasn't sure which 1 to put it in.**

I live in the Ft. Worth area and am trying to find a dealer of mouthpieces. Ive been interested in a rather open Rousseau Metal or Dukoff Metal, but i cant find anyone anywhere who sells them and will let me try out different facings. Anyone know of a place and can give me a name or an address in the Ft Worth/Dallas area?

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
WWBW has a trial policy...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
Just so you know, the Rousseau metal has the SMALLEST chamber I have ever seen. It is also shaped weird. Makes for bad low notes, slightly thin high notes, but it is soooo easy to play. Almost too easy.

·
Registered
642 Posts
As far as trying to find Dukoff and Rousseau mouthpieces in the D/FW area, that's hard to come by. You can special order pretty much anything through a place like Holze, or Mr. E's ... other than that I haven't been able to find anywhere that has nice mouthpieces. I have heard of a mouthpiece tech in the area though ... get in touch with me via PM or email and I'll give you his information. He may be able to tell you more than I can. By the way, I'm in Denton.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
S.A. what do you call bright and what dark? I suspect there is a nomenclature difference involved? I've not heard the Rousseau metal alto, but on tenor it is what I would call a very bright and very loud mouthpiece.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
SaxyAcoustician said:
This is alto.
Hmm... I would call mine (not mine for long though, shipping it out soon) a hair brighter than I like. The sound that I like is posted on my myspace (www.myspace.com/quartetofone). The SECOND (V2) clip. That is what I got with an 82Z, I can record the sax using the rousseau and playing the same lick if you want. But realize that I am no pro.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
SaxyAcoustician said:
The Rousseau metal was the one of the darkest mouthpieces I've ever played on, and that includes all the rubber mouthpieces I've tried.

What else have you played? Guardalas, Beechlers, Dukoffs, and RPCs?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyway when you buy mpcs, remember always play them first. I have had bad experiences especially with metal Dukoffs. Sometimes the mechanizing has not been first-rate due to the uneven side-ralls. Anyway I use Dukoffs on my alto and tenor saxes. Also I am quite satisfied to the HR Rousseau JDX6on alto.

Sopran: Selmer MK 6, HR Bari 66
Alto: Selmer USA AS 100, Dukoff M6 (mechanized)
Buffet Crampon S1(Silverneck), Dukoff M 6 (mechanized)
Tenor: Selmer Serie 3, Dukoff M 7*
Baryton: Conn (1928), Meyer M 8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts