Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am looking for any info pertaining to Suite Francaise; performance suggestions, master class files, etc. Of course, a recording would be great also- I've only found recordings of the Prelude and Sarabande, but would love to hear the Courante at the suggested tempo of Q=76-80! 2 non-stop pages of straight 32nds at that tempo have my hands cramping up...

Anything you have would be appreciated!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi everyone. I am looking for any info pertaining to Suite Francaise; performance suggestions, master class files, etc. Of course, a recording would be great also- I've only found recordings of the Prelude and Sarabande, but would love to hear the Courante at the suggested tempo of Q=76-80! 2 non-stop pages of straight 32nds at that tempo have my hands cramping up...

Anything you have would be appreciated!
One thing you might consider looking into would be reviewing the various baroque dance forms that are used in this piece. Although Dubois definitely strays from what we might normally think a Courante would sound like, he chose those dance forms for a reason and it could help to bring out small details in the performance worth exploring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts