Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do other people have problems with notes registering when your hands are real dry like mine are this time of year?

Drives me crazy but I don't know if it is dry hands or if my key sensitivity needs to be adjusted. Seems mostly to effect the octave rollers and the side keys.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Some people use some type of "cream" to help keep an "electrical" contact. While practicing alone I just lick my fingers on occasion. When practicing with a group, my fingers eventually get moist from the perspiration that begins from the rehearsal. I also try to stay out of the pathway of cool air that will dry my hands.

Check the wind-controller newsgroup for insight on this.

·
Distinguished SOTW Researcher
2,848 Posts
Dry skin will affect your ability to actuate the keys on an EWI. Just use some mosturizer on your hands occasionally to keep them from drying out (ask your wife or girlfriend). I think it's a better solution to keep the skin on your hands in good shape instead of applying some special goop to your hands or your EWI prior to playing in order to get the touch sensors to work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I'll try the moisturizer and see how it goes. Part of the reason I posted this was to see if I was the only one with this problem or if my EWI was acting up. At least now I know I'm not the only one!

Thanks for the tip on that EWI forum. Tons of good info there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts