Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DG MBII (WW&BW) that I use for a rock/jam band that I gig with occasionally that I dropped at a gig on a brick floor. The tip on the right side has a nice little mark in it and I have to be someone wary of it so as to not cut myself. I haven't noticed any change as far as it performance, but I am wondering if it could be worked out if I sent it to someone. I feel I got really lucky getting such a good piece on the first try and I really want to keep it around. Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
It can be worked on. Don't send it to anyone, just get out some sandpaper and take down the burr.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that but thought I would ask first as I know very little about working on mouthpieces. Thanks a bunch!

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
if the facing was knocked out of alignment a little bit, the only way to tell is with a set of feeler gauges and a glass gauge. Kinda hard to guess, but it could be fine except for the ding in the facing - There's also the chance that the rail could've been knocked out of alignment a little especially close to the tip depending on the distance and rate of speed it was dropped at. Your best bet would be finding someone local to measure it for you if there's a refacer around there, however, I wouldn't really try to take that out yourself unless you've had some refacing experience. Very easy to go too far or change something you didn't intend to change if you're new to sanding on rails... Hope it works out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts