Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
I just recently got one of his "New Era" mouthpieces (0.070 opening) that Aaron himself told me is the same as the former Liebman model.

In any case, I also find it to be awesome! Easily the best soprano mouthpiece I've ever played. I think it works pretty well with RJS 3M reeds, but (per Aaron's suggestion) I tried Rigotti 3 light reeds with it, and this combination is perfect.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Been really loving my Drake Liebman model, .75 opening, RJS 3S unfiled reeds. Got this on eBay as it's not being made anymore.
I’ve had two Soprano Liebman Drakes before and sold them. I had a .065 and a .070. I should of kept them. The chamber is smaller than the “Jazz” piece and I like that. I’ve since talked to Drake and yes he confirmed that it’s now the “New Era”! I’m happy with my Riffault’s but it’s got me thinking! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a Drake Son of Slant that I really liked, but in the end I settled with the Missing Link as there was no reason for me to keep two excellent mouthpieces like these two while only having to time to play one.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I agree. I'm having a back-up made simply because I don't want to be left without a mpc if it is damaged. Years ago I had a Couf soprano mpc that I loved and played every day. One fateful day the shank cracked and I was left without a mpc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts