Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all....

Looking for an all around, slant-like mpc, not trying to recreate Getz.

I've only played the Son of Slant 7* and liked it, but wondering if I would like the Getz 7* better, or if it would be too dark & "stan-like".

That being said...any one out there have tried both & have any opinions about the differences???

Hmmmm???

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,029 Posts
Are you playing on the Son of Slant now or you just tried it? From memory of when I put them on my website, the son of slant was darker but more responsive I think. The Getz was a bit more resistance and slightly brighter. The sound was beautiful though. This comparison is hard for me because I played a Getz 5* and the Son of Slant was a 7* so it's like comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Steve, I just tried someones S of S, today & liked it. I dont own one.

I don't really play hr mpcs too much, I've played metal links pretty much exclusively the last 25+ years, but recently have been wanting a HR to perhaps switch off with.

(I know, I know, Drake's are not technically HR, not using it in the exact literal sense, here, but to refer to the style of mpc)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts