Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while ago I saw a Drake Bergonzi for sale on a website for $350... Now it's on eBay for $340... Aren't these $345 new? I think you have to wait like 4 weeks or something to be made, but is the only reason the price is so close to new is to avoid waiting or am I missing something?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
8,286 Posts
I don't think Drake could make a bad piece.
I have a Drake NY metal jazz and his Johnny Griffin legends piece.
They're both great pieces.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,057 Posts
So a while ago I saw a Drake Bergonzi for sale on a website for $350... Now it's on eBay for $340... Aren't these $345 new? I think you have to wait like 4 weeks or something to be made, but is the only reason the price is so close to new is to avoid waiting or am I missing something?
Probably missing something...

Is someone trying to force you to buy it? There's a world of over-priced goods out there.

Next?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nobody is forcing me to buy it, I suppose that would be more interesting. I would have liked to buy it, hence the post, but I'm not going to pay more for a used one than a new one when the only difference is a few weeks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,057 Posts
Perhaps the Real Situation is that someone feels that the MSRP is too low, and therefore an inflated resale price is warranted.

Get your money together, watch, and wait. Seems like there have been a few of these in the SotW Marketplace.

No, strike that. You NEED one now. You NEED one now. You NEED one now.

Hey, it's SotW, and we're here to help. :bluewink:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it is already on the must have list, right after the household export business starts catching up with the imports. Although I am leaning more towards a PPT or Drake rollover bari piece. I think... might as well throw world peace on there too.

DRINK COKE

3,315 Posts
Yes it is already on the must have list, right after the household export business starts catching up with the imports. Although I am leaning more towards a PPT or Drake rollover bari piece. I think... might as well throw world peace on there too.

DRINK COKE
Can you drink it? :dontknow: Better let my DJ mate know, he loves a drink. It might save him from getting a nose reconstruction also! LoL :scratch:

3,315 Posts

·
3,202 Posts
I have the new Bergonzi Slant model. He only makes it in 7* or 8 although he did make an 8* (.115) for me. I think you would have to try it in 8 first and then he would make something bigger for you if you needed that. Not sure about that. Anyway it's a great piece, I have to say I prefer it over the EB model which I have tried in 8*, 9* and 10*, the last one which I could not play for more than an hour. The 9* was best for me in that model. I may try to do a sound clip and a little review of the new Slant model, although I'm still trying to figure out why I like it better than the EB model. The main thing would be is that it is somewhat more focused, not quite as spread. Has similar qualities though. Check out Drake's site on it. It cuts like crazy but still retains that Slant link core.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I have the new Bergonzi Slant model. He only makes it in 7* or 8 although he did make an 8* (.115) for me. I think you would have to try it in 8 first and then he would make something bigger for you if you needed that. Not sure about that. Anyway it's a great piece, I have to say I prefer it over the EB model which I have tried in 8*, 9* and 10*, the last one which I could not play for more than an hour. The 9* was best for me in that model. I may try to do a sound clip and a little review of the new Slant model, although I'm still trying to figure out why I like it better than the EB model. The main thing would be is that it is somewhat more focused, not quite as spread. Has similar qualities though. Check out Drake's site on it. It cuts like crazy but still retains that Slant link core.
A few weeks ago, I a Bergonzi Slant in 7* and agree with everything you said about it. I used to have the EB (original) version as well and had been experiencing seller's remorse, but I like the Slant better!

·
3,202 Posts
A few weeks ago, I a Bergonzi Slant in 7* and agree with everything you said about it. I used to have the EB (original) version as well and had been experiencing seller's remorse, but I like the Slant better!
Glad someone else is digging it. I asked Jerry about it, he says he likes it better also but can't say why, haha. I think he still alternates between them. The EB is very nice but I thought it got a bit spread sounding sometimes. I'm not experiencing that with this one. The thing I like about Aaron's pieces is they seem to be very transparent, I don't feel that they color the sound as much as some other pieces, you can shape the sound to you. All in all I'm really liking it and it's growing on me as well. I'm going to stick with it because it seems to be doing everything I need.

3,315 Posts
Please post some current demos so we can all have a listen. Thanks!

p.s.

As we all know, at the end of the day, it is always a subjective topic regarding which is better or worse. Demo's speak louder than words, yeah?

·
3,202 Posts
I agree it's subjective. Just giving my subjective opinion that people might or might not find interesting. I will probably put a clip of it up at some point but the thing you have to realize is that there are people on this forum that can play but maybe they are not all extroverts when it comes posting their playing on a saxophone board. Good luck with your sale.

I guess I would also like to point out that when I listen to people's clips of mouthpieces a lot of times it doesn't really tell me that much. OK here's a guy playing a mouthpiece that I would not really want to sound like, it sounds like him, not me and it's either bright or dark. That's about all it tells me a lot of times. Ok here's another guy playing a mouthpiece, he sounds great - is it the mouthpiece or would he sound great on a Kazoo? Sometimes I get more out of a verbal description of the way a mouthpiece performs or the way it feels to someone as hard to describe as that is -sometimes it seems to tell me more.

3,315 Posts
I agree it's subjective. Just giving my subjective opinion that people might or might not find interesting. I will probably put a clip of it up at some point but the thing you have to realize is that there are people on this forum that can play but maybe they are not all extroverts when it comes posting their playing on a saxophone board. Good luck with your sale.
Thanks, sale is pending. Sorry if you have taken offense to my last post. Not intended, all the best! I would love to here this mp, please do post a demo, have a good day my friend!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts