Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for your dedication and hard work. This is a great reference, I'm especially intrigued by the quantities. Looking forward to a book sometime in the future. Cheers.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Where do the Dorsey models fit in to this?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,431 Posts
alto to tenor ratio numbers

sop to bari ratio numbers

all very informative and interesting

Thank you!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This chart is only a guide for the major types and models.
The boutique models like the Ladario, Modèle 28 and Dorsey, as well as more unusual types such as the Sopranino and Bass will be included in future publications.

Where do the Dorsey models fit in to this?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks, Douglas. I had seen online that my VII Paris tenor serial was odd- mine is 231xxx and appeared in VI lists. Your list confirms this. My tenor (bought around 30 years ago) is possibly a bit rarer!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As noted in the chart notes, about 420 early Mark VII Tenors were produced.
Nearly 100 of these were in the 231k range.
The 231k Mark VI Tenors were shipped in late 1974 but the 231k Mark VII Tenors were mostly shipped in April and May of 1975.

Thanks, Douglas. I had seen online that my VII Paris tenor serial was odd- mine is 231xxx and appeared in VI lists. Your list confirms this. My tenor (bought around 30 years ago) is possibly a bit rarer!

·
Registered
577 Posts
1/ Pretty sure my early six has a "S Co" logo, for Selmer Compagnie. No 'i' , no "Cie" as we might expect.
2/ I must check, I may have an earlier tenor serial for your mk6 list.
<edit> my mistake, my "S Co" Mk6 tenor is M56208
3/ Nice work ;-)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The logo on the early Mark VIs is SCi ... take a look on the lower stack guard on the back of the horn to see the same logo.
On the neck, only a part of the logo is shown: the "S", part of the "C" and the dot of the ""i"

1/ Pretty sure my early six has a "S Co" logo, for Selmer Compagnie. No 'i' , no "Cie" as we might expect.
2/ I must check, I may have an earlier tenor serial for your mk6 list.
<edit> my mistake, my "S Co" Mk6 tenor is M56208
3/ Nice work ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts