Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member
2,616 Posts
See if you can get somewhere where you can try a bunch of clarinets, so you can see which ones work for you. You are advanced enough to be able to tell what you like. Back when I upgraded my clarinet, I found I liked the Buffet sound and feel much better than the Selmer, but you may be different. (I ended up with what is now the equivalent of the E13, I believe.) Also, individual horns vary, so you want to try the actual one you will be getting, if at all possible. I don't know clarinet prices in England, so I can't help much with what you can get for your budget.

· Distinguished SOTW Member
2,616 Posts
Artstove, the Buffet E13 is around about £1000 if that helps at all, do you have any idea if there's much of a difference between the E13 and the E11?
Sorry, it has been too long since I compared them to give you a current/good answer. Try a few E11s, and see how they work for you. If you like the sound and how it plays, it should be fine for a long time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.