Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
The problem with using other necks is not the socket size. That can be fitted. The issue is this era 10M mechanism has a reverse action or motion compared to most saxes. When you press the octave key for upper notes, the post moves toward the sax, not away. It pushes the neck key down instead of pulling a ring outward.

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
There are some photos here:

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
On my two late 10Ms, the pip is on the bottom. On the inside, there is a small tube that extends into the neck interior. This keeps spit from running out the pip. Same idea as seen inside clarinet bores and the lower sax pip.

The Chinese neck seems like a good find. I tried a quick Google yesterday and nothing popped up for me.

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
My original late 60’s 10M neck got dinged up a lot in HS marching band in the early 70’s. It was repaired but it has never been right.

I purchased a similar era 10M off eBay in 1999. It was overhauled in black automotive paint! But it plays better than my first one. If I use its neck on my first one it play better but still not as good as the second one.

I do not play tenor much anymore. But now I‘m curious about the replica neck. It is neat you can buy one for less than the cost of a decent mouthpiece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts