Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,139 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,323 Posts
Nice work. What a great solo too. Would you mind posting a pdf file so we could study this solo a bit? Don Byas was such a beast. Slam Stewart too.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Nice work. What a great solo too. Would you mind posting a pdf file so we could study this solo a bit? Don Byas was such a beast. Slam Stewart too.
I just used the pause and took a screenshot. These guys were both incredible musicians.
I remember years ago seeing a Downbeat show on public TV of Don Byas. It was from his later years and he was still a beautiful player. Definitely one of my favorite ballad players too. You have to love his sound. I’ve never seen thevshow resurface anywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for your compliment!
I offer a PDF copy (for a fair trade amount of $'s) via the website.
https://nanonimo.org/rhythm-changes-don-byas-solo/
So if you like my work, you have the great opportunity to directly support my poor life as a musician (currently mainly music student). :pepsi:

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,139 Posts
I just used the pause and took a screenshot. These guys were both incredible musicians.
I remember years ago seeing a Downbeat show on public TV of Don Byas. It was from his later years and he was still a beautiful player. Definitely one of my favorite ballad players too. You have to love his sound. I’ve never seen thevshow resurface anywhere.
Man, that is a lot of screen shots......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts