Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,722 Posts
How much reality could a person tolerate?

I mean, you know, don't you, that she has fake...

hair.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
19,061 Posts
What strap? What sax? Must of missed them.....

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Or maybe it's just a sop neck on a tenor and the rest is a trick of the eye due to Dolly's unique proportions?

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,681 Posts
Dolly is a fine musician.
But not a sax player, of course. I wonder why she, or more likely some publicity person, decided to use an unecessary stunt like this. At the very least, fake it on the same size sax as the one playing!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,484 Posts
But not a sax player, of course. I wonder why she, or more likely some publicity person, decided to use an unecessary stunt like this. At the very least, fake it on the same size sax as the one playing!
My guess would be for the "entertainment" and "showmanship" factors.

But yeah, at least get the horn right!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,189 Posts
Hahaha. That was fun. Thanks for posting.

They even put a clip-on mic on the bell.

I'm gonna hafta try the guitar strap thang.

·
34,722 Posts
Hahaha. That was fun. Thanks for posting.

They even put a clip-on mic on the bell.

I'm gonna hafta try the guitar strap thang.
Gonna try the wig thing too?

Halloween is right around the corner...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Have a look at the comments on youtube, the fans are lapping it up so I guess it worked. I'm not a country fan but I've always respected her talent as a singer, why would she sink to **** like that?

·
34,722 Posts
Have a look at the comments on youtube, the fans are lapping it up so I guess it worked. I'm not a country fan but I've always respected her talent as a singer, why would she sink to **** like that?
Perhaps an endorsement deal is in the works???

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think you answered your own question. :) For many performers, showmanship (i.e. fake sax playing) is every bit as important as actual substance (i.e. her singing). How is her "playing" the sax any different than many modern pop singers that lip synch?

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,681 Posts
How is her "playing" the sax any different than many modern pop singers that lip synch?
It's not. Same thing. But she has real singing talent and I think her fans would lap it up without the fake sax playing. Still, it's harmless fun, I guess. And it can't hurt to wave a sax around for people who maybe have never seen one!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts