Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this add makes me want to buy my 2nd 6m!
i thought i would ask the sax gurus on here for advice,
is it worth the buy?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And the seller seems to think it's keyed to high F#? :|[/QUOTE]

yea i chuckled at that too,
overall looks like a good horn but is it just me or does the neck have a bump in it?

·
Insert cutesy caption du jour here
673 Posts
It looks like the neck has a dink AND a kink in it.... Pulled down?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
the one later 6M I owned I sold - it was ok, but not nearly as good-sounding as my transitional Conn or my old Bundy/6m. That price is way out of line.

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
I disagree completely about the later 6m/10m horns being inferior, however this example is way overpriced.

Furthermore, anyone who thinks that it possesses a high F# key would not be reliable to assess the mechanical condition and play worthiness of the horn, so the "qualified" description in the listing is worthless.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd agree with pretty much everyone else. The B.I.N. price is too high, but if you bid for it, you may get it for much less. The discouraging thing, though, is that in addition to the B.I.N. price, there's also a reserve, which probably isn't that much lower than the B.I.N. price, but who knows.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,410 Posts
I disagree completely about the later 6m/10m horns being inferior, however this example is way overpriced.

Furthermore, anyone who thinks that it possesses a high F# key would not be reliable to assess the mechanical condition and play worthiness of the horn, so the "qualified" description in the listing is worthless.
I agree, on all points here--this would be high priced even in UK for B I N

1 - 10 of 10 Posts