Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATTACH=CONFIG]200978[/ATTACH] View attachment 200986

Curious about this mystery mouthpiece...anyone recognize it? It says something in script on it, but I can't make it out bc it is worn. It looks like it might say "Remlo", which I understand is/was the name of the official name of the Beechler company (as in "Elmer" Beechler spelled backwards). I've never seen a mouthpiece that actually said this though. It also doesn't look like any Beechler product I've ever seen. It is hard rubber and appears to have some hand finishing on the baffle. It is stamped 4M on one side, and A746 (serial number???) on the other. Any ideas?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes, A Remle. I had an old one that I just traded in. They are rather hard to find nowadays. The one I had arrived on my SBA. Definitely Hard Rubber. Don’t know if it came with the SBA, but suspect it may have.

I believe my Remle had an identifier on it in tiny letters near the bottom of the outside shaft. Not sure if it was on the thicker part or the narrower part of the shaft. You might want to look for an identifier there. No ink, just a small engraving.

Remle is Elmer backwards....

Mine had a lot of discoloration too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts