Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for a new Conn Chu or Wonder, or Tranny for sale. Anything with rolled tone holes! In good condition, or relaquered at a reasonable price, or just bare brass. I have not been able to find any. Please post a reply, or email me at [email protected] .

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've got one, older relaq, needs an overhaul with lots of body work though, it's in really rough shape. It does have rolled toneholes! Let me know if you want any more info about it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Alright, I can't tell full details without having the horn here on my lap, but I'll describe to the best of my memory.

It was heavaly played and showed it. Bent body, several larger sized dents, several re-solder jobs (needs a few more right now as is). There is a lot of key play, the toneholes have been filed in the past (obvious flat spot around the rim of most of the toneholes) and probably still aren't level due to the body damage it has.

Originally I bought it thinking of it as a parts horn, but when I got it in the mail I found a few modifications to the horn which I want to test and see if they do anything to improve playability, so I was planning on restoring it at some point when I have free time. The two major ones that I can remember are a second added body octave vent and an insert inside the tip of the neck.

It will need a full mechanical overhaul to be playable again.

Thats all i can remember off the top of my head, i can give more details later when I have it in my hands again.

-Scott

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know, I would probably need to see some pictures. My tech is good with some stuff like that, but I am hoping to find a relaquered one, and give it a replate, I am hoping to save money, how much would you be wanting to sell it for?

·
Registered
841 Posts
ChuBerry47 said:
I don't know, I would probably need to see some pictures. My tech is good with some stuff like that, but I am hoping to find a relaquered one, and give it a replate, I am hoping to save money, how much would you be wanting to sell it for?
It is a re-lac and if you are having it plated you could have your tec fill in the flatspots on the toneholes with solder to make them round again and plate over it making it look like new. This was one of the things I had planned for this horn. I'd need to see the horn again before fixing a price, but I paid $200 for it and wouldn't ask much more then that. I have done a little work on it, like replacing the neck reciever and tenon, some of the smaller dentwork, and I cleaned the neck up.

-Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts