Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am now considering to buy a CE Alpha II, and my choice has fallen between the Midnight and the Vintage Copper. They do have pics of the Midnight on their web, but they don't of the Vintage Copper.

If anyone has the Alpha II Vintage Copper, could you post a couple of pics? That would be just to get an idea of the way it looks like.
It would be very much appreciated!

Also, if anyone has experience of using both, could you give a comparison soundwise?

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,526 Posts
Whoa! That is by far the best new finish yet. I love the red tint. Good job Mark/Brian.

B

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Marwigginton!
To tell you the truth, just today I have checked your site and have seen that you have posted the pics! Yeah, it looks great, but sincerely I like more how the Vintage Copper from the A I series looked like...But hey! There's nothing written about the tastes! From the A II series I like more the Midnight, it kinda looks more original to me, not so much a cliche....but yet again, it's just my personal preference.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really like the midnight finish too, really classy lookin. Eventually I'll be springin for a curved sop in that finish :D...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Its hard to pick one that is the best... I love them all.. but i still play the standard A1 lacquer tenor, with one of our new Powertone necks (bronze alloy). We just got John Michalak's new Artist Series tenor done, I'll be dropping it by his house on sunday, man what a gorgeous sax.. I'm sure Brian will have pics up on the web as soon as they are ready.. but this truly is one of the most gorgeous saxes i have ever seen and plays even better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark, do you know if Brian will keep the Midnight for a couple of weeks (even less now...) for me and if he recieved my mail regarding the payment methods?

P.S. Talking about the beautiful saxes, I just got saliva going out of control when I saw the silver one with gold mechanics and the Warring Angel graving - just ASTONISHING!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts