Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I’ve just traded one of my alto mouthpieces for this bronze tenor piece. The name on it is Ludwig Haussmann and the former owner told me it was built by a German refacer but I can’t get any info on internet.
It plays absolutely amazing, really free blowing and produces a gorgeous full tone.
I wonder if any of you in the Forum has more information about it. Thanks in advance.
Wood Rectangle Metal Gun accessory Fashion accessory

Wood Rectangle Font Metal Household hardware

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few years ago, that guy made some mouthpieces and sold them on the German classifieds site ebay Kleinanzeigen. If you want more information on the person, try this (in German).
Hi, I’ve been Google translating that link you sent and I don’t find info on that mouthpiece but a guy getting back to that German forum after some previous heated discussion, thank you anyway 👌.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I once met the guy and could measure a few of his mouthpieces.
His philosophy is copying some of the famous high baffle mouthpiece designs.
If I wanted to buy one of these, I would test them thoroughly with different reeds.
Strange as it may seem and despite that baffle it plays incredible warm. Thanks for the info.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kinda looks like the love child of a Dukoff D chamber, a Berg "bullet chamber", a Rovner deep-V, and a cold chisel.

What kind of ligature fits it?

The “cold chisel” shape was stated before .
It came with that Lucien ligature that fits well after I tightened it up, but I’m playing it with a homemade Silverstein I had in the drawer.
Musical instrument Wood Metal Fashion accessory Slide sandal

Musical instrument Gas Sports equipment Metal Auto part

· Forum Contributor 2017
“I play sax but mostly it plays me”
10,196 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts