Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stumped. Does anyone know a well-known blues melody that fits these changes. I've use the first four bars as substitutions many times but can't think of a head originally written to fit these changes. Of course it could be in any key but here are the changes in F

F7/ Eb7 / Db7/ B7/
Bb7/ Bb7/ A7/ D7/
G7/ C7/ F7 Ab7/ Db7 Gb7/

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
Most any minor pentatonic blues head will fit it - Sonnymoon for Two. Nevermind the 'theoretical' harmonic clashes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Haywood, I found these changes in a workbook for bassists along with about 10 other blues variations. I have matched most of the variations to specific heads like "some other blues," "Isotope" "Blues for Alice..." things like that. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a well-known head that these changes were originally attributed to.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
The turnaround is like the Ladybird turnaround. The other substitutions are also variations on things I've seen elsewhere...though not in one single tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I was thinking it seems like bits and pieces taken from various different tunes. Oh well maybe that's all it is.

thanks-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts