Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on a flute forum that I'm trying to do the Taffanel and Gaubert Exercise 4 everyday with different articulations and eventually getting the met marking up. I was surprised at the many people who said that still do this daily some 30 years after learning it in high school or college. Many do it memorized and had to do it for jurys in college. K

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,938 Posts
No.

Care to post it?

·
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its free online. bUt I bought the book years ago and have played through it entirely. Its late high school , early college tech. I'll see if I can find a link K

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,003 Posts
I love T&G, I work consistently on 1,2 and 7. 7 in particular is great in the 3rd octave for me. I’m still very slow with it, prioritising control over speed but it’s made a massive change to my playing.
The Moyse Chromaticism is great too

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
Just a little too boring for me.
I'm a fan of the following with 8va also wherever possible, and an imaginative variety of articulations. Slowly, so I can listen very carefully for the noisy blemishes between notes and eliminate them. After all, when we play fast, we shorten the good sound but the noises remain there taking up an ever-increasing proportion of the playing time.
And one breath per line, in order to learn not to waste aire in an undirected airstream.
https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/daily-exercises-for-the-flute-sheet-music/3163877

·
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have this book also and like it alot.
Just a little too boring for me.
I'm a fan of the following with 8va also wherever possible, and an imaginative variety of articulations. Slowly, so I can listen very carefully for the noisy blemishes between notes and eliminate them. After all, when we play fast, we shorten the good sound but the noises remain there taking up an ever-increasing proportion of the playing time.
And one breath per line, in order to learn not to waste aire in an undirected airstream.
https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/daily-exercises-for-the-flute-sheet-music/3163877

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
T&G 4 is what I use for practicing scales on flute. I've memorized it. I use Trevor Wye's Complete Daily Exercises for Flute and it has several of the T&G exercises in it, as well as Bohm, Reichert, and MacQuarre.

·
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I have that book also. Love Trevor Wye
T&G 4 is what I use for practicing scales on flute. I've memorized it. I use Trevor Wye's Complete Daily Exercises for Flute and it has several of the T&G exercises in it, as well as Bohm, Reichert, and MacQuarre.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts