Sax on the Web Forum banner

Do you guys put stickers on your saxophone?

• Yes

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • No

Votes: 130 96.3%
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,013 Posts
Yeah, I'm into Strawberry Shortcake and the Backyardigans. All the rest of the guys in the section are sporting Spongebob Squarepants or Transformers but that just seems so wrong...

huh?

·
SOTW Administrator
26,236 Posts
For a Fee I would. Just like a Nascar racer. Yeah BABY!

(no way I would put a sticker on a Mk VI)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,364 Posts
As many as possible. Especially over the bell.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Yeah, I'm into Strawberry Shortcake and the Backyardigans. All the rest of the guys in the section are sporting Spongebob Squarepants or Transformers but that just seems so wrong...

huh?
I just had a picture in my mind of a guy on stage playing with Strawberry Shortcake scratch and sniff stickers. TOO FUNNY.:D

Thanks for the laugh G.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,333 Posts
A real nice B&S Tenor sold on ebay recently that had a dealer sticker on the bell....(the dull patch below)

If I had won it I would have removed it if possible. I was amazed a horn shop would do such a thing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,484 Posts
There's a high school that is near where I grew up where the kids would do all sorts of wierd things to their instruments in the name of decoration and school spirit

Thankfully, most of the time it was done to a old beater.

The only really "cool" thing I ever saw someone do was to spray paint their armstrong clunker black. Black sax, nickel keys... pretty tasty.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,864 Posts
Someone must be trying to make a funny :D. Only guitarists would put stickers on their sax's. I already have a hand engraved "sticker" that says "JK SX Model" on mine.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
Even as a child I knew better than to put a sticker on my horn. Given what I see children doing these days I need to remember to say a special thank you to my parents for teaching me how to behave. Maybe a nice dinner out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've seen people put stickers on their hard cases, but never ever on an instrument!

·
Registered
604 Posts
A real nice B&S Tenor sold on ebay recently that had a dealer sticker on the bell....(the dull patch below)

If I had won it I would have removed it if possible. I was amazed a horn shop would do such a thing.

Emilio Lyons puts a sticker just like that one on all the horns he overhauls! His stickers probably ispired this store. An Emilio sticker is a status symbol, but the store sticker on the B&S is just like the dealer logo that gets fastened to your car - now you're forced to be an mobile advertisement!

JB

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
Man, don't you know, that this affects the sound negativly??

No, seriously, the possiblity is realy there that it has absorbing effect, and higher Frequenzes can be swallowed. You would be surprised, what everything can cange sound on the sax (e.g. Schucht)

But I wouldn't start to test it with different stickers, because removing the stickers can damage the laquer

·
Forum Contributor 2016, The official SOTW Little S
5,472 Posts
On my old sax, I had a whole bunch of Happy Bunny stickers on my case...but on the sax???
Hey Demolisher: do you?

·
SOTW Administrator
26,236 Posts
Man, don't you know, that this affects the sound negativly??

No, seriously, the possiblity is realy there that it has absorbing effect, and higher Frequenzes can be swallowed. You would be surprised, what everything can cange sound on the sax (e.g. Schucht)

But I wouldn't start to test it with different stickers, because removing the stickers can damage the laquer
I looked on the Schucht website. My German is not very good, but do I read that a more resonant and transparent sound can be had with a little disk thingy?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts