Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting roopads on my mark Vi but and wondering whether or not these pads will discolor at all.

Thanks,
J

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
Do you ever eat/drink any thing other than water before or while playing? If you do any pads will get dirty.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
All pads get dirty. All pads can be cleaned if they're not stained. Stains don't generally come out of leather, so if you're thinking about the white Roos, I suggest not drinking anything dark while you're playing, because it will show particularly well against white, and will also show on "natural" brown leather -- just not quite so obviously.

BTW, even so, the only person likely to notice will be you. You really do need to be close to the horn to notice.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you ever eat/drink any thing other than water before or while playing? If you do any pads will get dirty.
Nope.

- J

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I´ve had black roo pads for a 1,5years in my Mark VI and they are as they were when I bought them,perfect.
No dirt anywhere....
It feels that they get better and better....

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
All leather pads will get dirty, be they kidskin or roo or whatever. Roo is a denser leather than kid with finer follicles, so it tends not to absorb the dirt and gunk so much as kidskin. In any case, you can clean your pads if you're that worried.

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
The most effective method I have found to clean soiled white roos is a soft white art eraser. Swabbing the sax after every time it is played will go a long way to keeping the pads clean, no matter what the color or type of leather.

·
Non Resident SOTW Eccentric & 2012 Forum Contribut
3,259 Posts
Swabbing and sticking to water, particularly remembering to rinse after a mid gig snack or non H2O drink will keep em in pretty good shape

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys

I keep a toothbrush in my case and always rinse before I play so they should stay in good shape

- J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts