Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Toaster
6 Posts
Not again :( Hang on, I'm still trying to figure-out how this stupid thing works...

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
Links to articles produce that result for me as well. I'm a bit annoyed it hasn't been fixed. Unless it's supposed to keep we forest floor dwellers out.

·
Forum Founder
3,877 Posts
Links to articles produce that result for me as well. I'm a bit annoyed it hasn't been fixed. Unless it's supposed to keep we forest floor dwellers out.
The article side of the forum, http://forum.saxontheweb.net/content.php was supposed to make publishing articles easier.
However, managing it is very clumsy and I have almost forgotten the whole thing. If we ever dare to update to a newer verision of vBulletin, some of the problems are supposed to be fixed.

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
Ok, now I'm confused. What's the difference between the link that Pete provided and the one that I provided? I thought that mine was an updated version of Pete's after I had modified some settings in my article :scratch:

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, now I'm confused. What's the difference between the link that Pete provided and the one that I provided? I thought that mine was an updated version of Pete's after I had modified some settings in my article :scratch:
Your link is the actual URL, ie when you navigate to the article by going to Front page, then click on Cartoons, then on the article (very nice BTW Kim).

But the link I had was from the notification of the article.

I understand your and Harri's frustration, vBulletin support is not (how shall we put it politely?) exactly going to win any helpfulness awards.

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
Oh that's right. When I clicked on your link the first time I didn't even realize that that's the one that's not working; I thought it was the one listed in there (to the homepage) that wasn't [rolleyes]

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
26,283 Posts
I'm actually following this conversation. A couple of years ago my brain would've turned to cotton and my eyes would've glazed over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts