Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought that jazz was for the more intellectual people, but I guess I have to reconsider that after having seen this clip [rolleyes]:

Had still some doubts, because the music of Sonny Rollins could have been put under the video afterwards.

But my doubts disappeared after having seen this clip:

Cows do love jazz :mrgreen: !!!

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Back in the 60's, the great jazz flutist Jeremy Steig would play outside up here in the country, next to a dairy farm.

The cows would all come right over to check it out. It was amazing.

·
Administrator
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So that's more proof that they like jazz!

I know that rats and mice don't like jazz. Years ago I could practise at a farm in a big barn with stored potatous (at 5 Celsius :|) and when I played my first tone I heard all rats and mice run away. Could have been due to my playing ofcourse :bluewink:!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
Years ago i used to practice out in a pasture because I lived in an apartment and didn't want to bother my neighbors. I think about 50% of the cows liked it. It sure was funny to see the look on their faces. I was mainly just practicing scales and stuff so it wasn't considered jazz, but I think they liked it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has played for a bovine crowd.

·
Administrator
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Charlie Parker stopped and played his sax at a cow one time while riding through the countryside between city gigs.
And did the cow like it :bluewink:?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
if the cows knew how much much jazz musician earn for living they wouldn't approach to ask for food...so... they like jazz? or food? :lick:

but....they really like that "oh when the saints" tune!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Hasn't anyone ever heard of "Moo Light Over Vermont?" Cows are crazy over jazz.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I believe that If I were to play my horn before a herd of cows they would stampede!
It would appear to be a logical response...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts
It's Moosic ;)

·
Administrator
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It would open lots op options for the Milk industry when their marketing departments discover this. Could you imagine being able to buy Be-Bop Milk, Dixieland Milk, Mainstream Milk, Swing Milk or Avant Garde Milk... :pepsi:. Who would they put on the label :)?

·
Forum Contributor 2015, SOTW Better late than neve
4,272 Posts
It would open lots op options for the Milk industry when their marketing departments discover this. Could you imagine being able to buy Be-Bop Milk, Dixieland Milk, Mainstream Milk, Swing Milk or Avant Garde Milk... :pepsi:. Who would they put on the label :)?
It still won't be Free Milk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts