Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought that jazz was for the more intellectual people, but I guess I have to reconsider that after having seen this clip [rolleyes]:

Had still some doubts, because the music of Sonny Rollins could have been put under the video afterwards.

But my doubts disappeared after having seen this clip:

Cows do love jazz :mrgreen: !!!

·
Premium Member
18,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that's more proof that they like jazz!

I know that rats and mice don't like jazz. Years ago I could practise at a farm in a big barn with stored potatous (at 5 Celsius :|) and when I played my first tone I heard all rats and mice run away. Could have been due to my playing ofcourse :bluewink:!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
Years ago i used to practice out in a pasture because I lived in an apartment and didn't want to bother my neighbors. I think about 50% of the cows liked it. It sure was funny to see the look on their faces. I was mainly just practicing scales and stuff so it wasn't considered jazz, but I think they liked it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has played for a bovine crowd.

·
Premium Member
18,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charlie Parker stopped and played his sax at a cow one time while riding through the countryside between city gigs.
And did the cow like it :bluewink:?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
if the cows knew how much much jazz musician earn for living they wouldn't approach to ask for food...so... they like jazz? or food? :lick:

but....they really like that "oh when the saints" tune!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hasn't anyone ever heard of "Moo Light Over Vermont?" Cows are crazy over jazz.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'm sure this is not the first time this question has been posed... Check out the name of this album. (I'm not sayin' this is jazz but the title says otherwise)

·
Premium Member
18,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would open lots op options for the Milk industry when their marketing departments discover this. Could you imagine being able to buy Be-Bop Milk, Dixieland Milk, Mainstream Milk, Swing Milk or Avant Garde Milk... :pepsi:. Who would they put on the label :)?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts